Batch Data Processing
What is Batch Data Processing?
Batch data processing allows processing high volumes of data in a group or batch of transactions collected over some time. The data is collected, entered, processed, and then the result for that batch is produced. This method allows users to process data when computing resources are available with little or no user interaction.
What is the importance of batch data processing?
Batch processing improves efficiency by setting processing priorities and completing data jobs at a time that are most important. It plays a critical role in helping companies and organizations manage large amounts of data efficiently. It is suited when:
- Handling frequent, repetitive tasks
- Real-time data transfers
- Tables in relational databases need to be joined
- Complex algorithms must have access to the entire batch
- Data is accessed in batches as opposed to in streams.
What are the benefits of batch data processing?
- Improves data quality because batch processing automates most processing jobs and minimizes user interaction, reducing errors.
- A less complex system that does not require special hardware or system support for input data and requires less maintenance.
- Faster business intelligence by speeding up the processing of large volumes of data.