What is computer vision?
Computer vision is a field of AI that enables computers and systems to derive meaningful information from digital images, videos, and other visual inputs and take actions or make recommendations based on that information. If AI enables computers to think, computer vision enables them to see, observe and understand.
What are the types of computer vision algorithms?
The types of computer vision algorithms are as follows:
- Object Classification: To detect the main category of the object present in the image
- Object Identification: To detect the type of object present in the image
- Object Detection: To detect the location of the object in the image
- Object Segmentation: To detect the pixels which belong to the object in the image
- Object Verification: To check if the object is in the image.
- Object Recognition: To detect which objects are present in the image and their location
- Object Landmark Detection: To evaluate the key points for the object in the image
What are the benefits of computer vision?
The benefits of computer vision are as follows:
- Faster & simpler process:Computer vision systems can carry out repetitive and monotonous tasks faster, which simplifies the work for humans.
- Better products & services:Computer vision systems that have been trained very well will commit zero mistakes. It will result in faster delivery of high-quality products and services.
- Cost reduction:Companies do not have to spend money fixing their flawed processes because computer vision will leave no room for faulty products and services.