What is Data Fabric?
A data fabric is a single environment consisting of a unified architecture and services or technologies that help organizations manage their data. The goal is to maximize the value of the data.
- Connects to any data source via pre-packaged connectors and components.
- Provides data ingestion and integration capabilities.
- Supports batch and real-time data.
- Provides built-in data quality, data preparation, and data governance capabilities, through AI automation augmentation
- Supports data sharing via APIs.
What are the challenges associated with managing the data?
- Siloed data architecture.
- Integration issues with the legacy systems.
- Data governance and integrity issues.
How data fabric overcome these challenges?
Implementing a data fabric can help an organization meet its data management challenges by:
- Providing a single environment for accessing and collecting all data and eliminating data silos.
- Enabling simpler and unified data management by eliminating multiple tools and providing faster access to more trustworthy data.
- Delivering greater scalability that can adapt to increasing data volumes, data sources, and applications.
- Reducing reliance on legacy infrastructure and solutions.