Log-Based Change Data Capture
What is Log-Based Change Data Capture?
Log-based Change Data Capture shares real-time transactional data from OLTP databases. It is lightweight but also a highly performant way to ingest change data.
Below are the few capabilities of log-based change data capture:
- Log-based change data capture from heterogeneous databases for non-intrusive, low-impact real-time data ingestion.
- It allows ingestion from multiple, concurrent data sources to combine database transactions with semi-structured and unstructured data.
- It enables end-to-end change data integrations with capabilities such as in-flight change data processing, built-in checkpoint for reliability, continuous monitoring of change data streams, etc.
What are the benefits of log-based change data capture?
- Changes in data are captured independent of the source application performing the changes.
- It is best suited for capturing high transaction volumes of the data.