What is optical character recognition (OCR)?
Optical character recognition (OCR) defines the process of electronically or mechanically converting scanned images of typed, handwritten, or printed text into machine-encoded text. It is the process of converting analog data into digital data.
What are the benefits of OCR?
- Higher productivity: Helps businesses facilitate quicker data retrieval when required, and the focus can now be channelized to focus on core activities.
- Cost reduction: Helps in reducing various costs such as printing, shipping, copying, and cutting down on hiring professionals to carry out data extraction.
- High accuracy:Problems like data loss lead to inaccuracies. It helps in reducing errors and results in efficient data entry.
- Increased storage space: The data is now stored in an electronic format in servers, eradicating the need for maintaining huge paper files.
- Superior data security: The data is scanned, analyzed, and stored in digital formats.
8 Keys to AI Success in an Enterprise