OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION (OCR)
What is optical character recognition (OCR)?
Optical character recognition (OCR) defines the process of electronically or mechanically converting scanned images of typed, handwritten, or printed text into machine-encoded text. It is the process of converting analog data into digital data.
What are the benefits of OCR?
- Higher productivity: Helps businesses facilitate quicker data retrieval when required, and the focus can now be channelized to focus on core activities.
- Cost reduction: Helps in reducing various costs such as printing, shipping, copying, and cutting down on hiring professionals to carry out data extraction.
- High accuracy:Problems like data loss lead to inaccuracies. It helps in reducing errors and results in efficient data entry.
- Increased storage space: The data is now stored in an electronic format in servers, eradicating the need for maintaining huge paper files.
- Superior data security: The data is scanned, analyzed, and stored in digital formats.