What is pattern recognition?
Pattern recognition can detect arrangements of characteristics or data that yield information about a given system or data set. A pattern might be recurring data sequences that are used to predict trends, particular configurations of features in images. It helps to identify objects, frequent combinations of words and phrases for natural language processing, or clusters of behavior on a network that could indicate an attack, among endless other possibilities.
What are the features of pattern recognition?
- Recognizes familiar patterns quickly and accurately
- Recognizes and classifies unfamiliar objects
- Accurately recognizes shapes and objects from different angles
- Identifies patterns and objects even when partly hidden
- Recognizes patterns quickly with ease, and with automaticity
Opportunities for AI in Telecommunication